Scooter Media is looking for a Senior Media Relations Specialist to join our energetic and fun-loving team. Candidates should have three to five years of experience working with members of the media across a variety of industries.
SENIOR MEDIA RELATIONS SPECIALIST (SMRS)
An SMRS should have a thorough understanding of communication processes, public relations planning, strategy, tools, and trends. They should be a critical, strategic thinker with the ability to set and achieve long-term goals on behalf of clients. The SMRS should be a strong writer, have good relationships with media contacts, be very self-motivated, an excellent multi-tasker, and well-versed in the art of client service.
An SMRS should be able to lead portions of work for an account team in a client’s day-to-day activities with minimal supervision. They should be able to execute projects and tasks on behalf of the client, as well as assign and supervise account activities for junior members of the team. The SMRS should be efficient in compiling and delivering project-based feedback to the account team, contribute to strategy and tactics for assigned accounts, and be able to effectively present to organizations on various industry topics.
- Working with media on local, regional, and national levels
- Developing and executing media relations strategies for clients, including writing pitches, backgrounders, news releases, blog content, reports and more
- Coordinating client interviews, assisting with interview preparation, and supporting special events such as trade shows, press conferences, openings, etc.
- Proactively identifying story ideas and working with account leads to develop media plans
- Exhibiting competency in drafting error-free, strategic content
- As it relates to social/digital media, regularly suggesting ideas, assisting with support on accounts as needed
- Managing and mentoring junior staff, when applicable
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) is preferred but not required
- Other tasks as assigned
Scooter Media employees enjoy competitive benefits packages, flexible work schedules, and training/development opportunities, plus we make it a point to participate in a variety of social and charitable activities.
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Scooter Media workdays run from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Thursday and 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Friday. The Scooter Media offices operate on a hybrid model – allowing employees to work from home and/or office. We value and support professional and personal development and meet quarterly with employees to ensure they are thriving and supported. Named Small/Mid-Sized PR Agency of the Year for the last five years by the Cincinnati Chapter of PRSA, Scooter Media is nationally certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council Ohio River Valley, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.