Scooter Media is looking for a Media Relations Specialist (MRS) to join our energetic and fun-loving team. Candidates should have a background working with both local and trade industry media. This position could be part-time or full-time.
An MRS should have a thorough understanding of agency processes; client industries; and public relations planning, strategy, tools, and trends. They should be a critical, strategic thinker with the ability to set and achieve long-term goals on behalf of clients. The MRS should be a strong writer, very self-motivated, an excellent multitasker, and well-versed in the art of client service.
- Working with local and trade media on behalf of clients in a variety of industries.
- Developing and executing media relations strategies and tactics for clients, including writing pitches, backgrounders, news releases, blog content, and reports
- Coordinating interviews, assisting with interview preparation
- Proactively identifying story ideas and working to develop media relations plans
- Exhibiting competency in drafting error-free, strategic content
- Media monitoring and reporting
- As it relates to social/digital media, regularly suggesting ideas, assisting with content on accounts as needed
- Experience with email marketing a plus, but not required
- Other tasks as assigned
Scooter Media employees enjoy competitive benefits packages, flexible work schedules, and training/development opportunities, plus we make it a point to participate in a variety of social and charitable activities.
Interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com.
Scooter Media is nationally certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council Ohio River Valley, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.