Scooter Media is looking for a Media Relations Specialist specializing to join our energetic and fun-loving team. Candidates should have a solid background working with trade industry media.
An MRS should have a thorough understanding of agency processes; client industries; and public relations planning, strategy, tools, and trends. They should be a critical, strategic thinker with the ability to set and achieve long-term goals on behalf of clients. The MRS should be a strong writer, very self-motivated, an excellent multitasker, and well-versed in the art of client service.
- Working with mainstream and trade media on behalf of clients in a variety of industries.
- Developing and executing media relations strategies for clients, including writing pitches, backgrounders, news releases, blog content, and reports
- Coordinating interviews, assisting with interview preparation and supporting special events such as media drops, trade shows, etc.
- Proactively identifying story ideas and working to develop media relations plans
- Exhibiting competency in drafting error-free, strategic content
- As it relates to social/digital media, regularly suggesting ideas, assisting with content on accounts as needed
- Managing and mentoring AAEs and Interns, when applicable
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred but not required
- Other tasks as assigned
Scooter Media is nationally certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council Ohio River Valley, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council.
Interested candidates can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.