PUBLIC RELATIONS COPYWRITER
Experience: 4-5 years (average)
Position Description: This contract position at Scooter Media will work with client teams to develop and execute writing projects for Scooter Media’s clients, focusing largely on long-form work for clients in professional services industries like accounting, wealth management, HR and more. This position works under the supervision of a senior team member, usually an account supervisor.
Skills required: Demonstrated experience writing for professional services in a variety of formats, including (but not limited to) white papers, thought leadership/bylines, blog content, website copy, and more. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being self-sufficient. Excellent time management skills a must. Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or communications program or equivalent experience required. Solid understanding of SEO concepts preferred.
- Writing clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Driving the creation of long-form communications for clients based off direction from account supervisor and/or clients
- Maintaining brand voice and standards throughout all copy
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides, such as AP format, as well as client style guidelines
- Effectively manage time and budget allocation in order to successfully complete projects
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects, sometimes with short deadlines
- Add to client team by proposing concepts and strategic thinking to elevate work, when appropriate
Qualified candidates should email their resume, cover letter and rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Scooter Media is nationally certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council Ohio River Valley, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). The agency was named 2019 Small-Mid Size PR Agency of the Year by Cincinnati PRSA and was the recipient of the 2019 Business Impact Award in the Cool Place to Work category from the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.