#BeepBeep — meet the newest member of the Scooter Media team, Katie Forcade!
Katie joins our team as a Media Relations Specialist, working on a variety of daily public relations tasks for clients.
Katie graduated from West Virginia University with her bachelor’s degree in journalism and a minor in political science. Following college, she worked as a multimedia journalist in television news for five years. In this role, Katie covered a wide variety of topics and events, including the COVID-19 pandemic, spanning many communities across Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia.
As she transitions from journalism into public relations, Katie is eager to use her skillset to help clients share their stories through the media.
Outside of work, Katie can be found hanging out with friends and family, enjoying sunshine and being outside, streaming a show or movie, or curling up with a good book.
20 Questions with Katie Forcade
Favorite color: Purple, or anything fall-related
- Favorite sports team: Cincinnati Bengals and the WVU Mountaineers
- Favorite musical artist (or Spotify playlist suggestion): Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus
- Best birthday gift: Getting tickets to see Wicked on Broadway in NYC for my 18th birthday.
- Favorite pet: I have a cat named Binx (yes, like from Hocus Pocus!), but I grew up with a dog named Roley who will always hold a special spot in my heart.
- Biggest social media pet peeve: Influencer wannabes
- Favorite celebrity that you follow on social media: Blake Lively!
- If you could meet one person (dead or alive) it would be: Blake Lively — I can tell she’d become one of my favorite people to know. She’s so funny on social media and just seems to be such a genuine human being. She’s got great style, too!
- Favorite TV show revival (or one you would LOVE to see revived): I would love to see more done with Ted Lasso and the AFC Richmond crew! I feel like there’s a lot that writers could do with several of the characters in terms of revisiting/advancing their storylines.
- Favorite board game: I’ve always had a love for Candy Land.
- Most prized physical possession: I’m honestly not sure I have one.
- Your best trivia category: Not a big trivia gal — but could help tackle pop culture.
- I can’t live without: Coffee and my cat.
- Favorite dessert: Chocolate chip cookies, brownies — pretty much anything with chocolate in it!
- Favorite morning beverage: Coffee, coffee, coffee!
- Favorite office supply: Colorful pens
- Your dream client would be: A local coffee shop or Life Learning Center in Covington — they have a great mission!
- In your free time, we can find you here or doing this instead of working: Walking/jogging around Newport and Cincinnati or streaming a show/movie. (Or at the pool sunbathing during the summertime!)
- Favorite spot or thing to do in Cincinnati/NKY: I live by the Levee in Newport and feel there are a lot of different things to do there. I’m always open to trying some new places out!
- Favorite local restaurant: There are lots of good places to eat around Covington, like Libby’s Southern Comfort. I also enjoy walking to Newport on the Levee and grabbing some food and drinks while enjoying a great view of Cincinnati.