Scooter Media is looking for a Senior Media Relations Specialist to join our energetic and fun-loving team. Candidates should have a solid background working with members of the media locally, regionally, and nationally.
An SMRS should have a thorough understanding of agency processes; client industries; and public relations planning, strategy, tools, and trends. They should be a critical, strategic thinker with the ability to set and achieve long-term goals on behalf of clients. The SMRS should be a strong writer, very self-motivated, an excellent multi-tasker, and well-versed in the art of client service.
An SMRS should be able to lead portions of work for an account team in a client’s day-to-day activities with minimal supervision. They should be able to both execute projects and tasks on behalf of the client, as well as assign and supervise account activities for junior members of the team. The SMRS should be efficient in compiling and delivering project-based feedback to the account team, contribute to strategy and tactics for assigned accounts, and able to effectively present to organizations on various industry topics.
- Working with B2B and B2C media on local, regional and national levels on behalf of clients
- Developing and executing media relations strategies for clients, including writing pitches, backgrounders, news releases, blog content, and reports
- Coordinating client interviews, assisting with interview preparation and supporting special events such as media drops, trade shows, press conferences, openings, etc.
- Proactively identifying story ideas and working with account leads to develop media relations plans
- Exhibiting competency in drafting error-free, strategic content
- As it relates to social/digital media, regularly suggesting ideas, assisting with support on accounts as needed
- Managing and mentoring AAEs and Interns, when applicable
- Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) preferred but not required
- Other tasks as assigned
Scooter Media employees enjoy generous vacation packages, competitive benefits package, flexible work schedules, and training/development opportunities, plus we make it a point to participate in a variety of social and charitable activities.
Qualified candidates should email their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Scooter Media is nationally certified by the Women’s Business Enterprise Council Ohio River Valley, a regional certifying partner of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council